This One-Day (8 Hours) workshop offers the following:
What is Blockchain?
- Distinction between Blockchain vs Cryptocurrency
- Definition – diagram
- Pillars of Blockchain
- Industry Applications of Blockchain
- History of Centralized Services, trusted third party
- Shift from gold standard to flat currency like Bitcoin
- Trustless system
- Immutability, Security, Privacy, Anti-fragility, etc.
- Why Blockchain?
Cryptocurrency and Markets
- Where is the value – what are people investing in?
- How to Set up a Wallet
- Tokens and ICO
How Blockchain Work
- Peer to Peer network, what is a block?
- What was the “revolutionary” technology that actually drove towards the blockchain
- Distributed consensus
- Cryptography – mention what proof of work is.
- Data Integrity, Merkle Trees
- Public vs Private Key Cryptography
- Bitcoin and block sizes
Mining and Cryptocurrencies
- Proof of Work vs Stake
- What this does, how miners make money
- What this meant as an impact to the world
- Motivations, incentives, strategy
- CPUS and GPUs, and what the impact is
- What miners do – business model, overview, the purpose e. Revenue at a Protocol Level – Block Rewards/Fees/ETC
Types of Blockchain and Enterprise
- Public and Private Blockchains
- Use Cases:
- Digital Rights – ownership and accessibility, education
- Industry – healthcare, identity, finance
- Elections and Voting: Auto execution of contracts, escrow, etc.
- Proof of Work
- What is it
- Security Implications
- 1 PC 1 vote
- Proof of Stake
Regulation and Anonymity
- ICO and SEC ruling
- Why people use blockchain and bitcoin in the first place – its anonymity
- Governments (not just US) regulating bitcoin, ETFs
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Political Implications on blockchain
- Government’s current position and how this affects blockchain.
Problems with Blockchain
- Security and Safeguards
- Protection from attackers
- Hacks on exchanges
- What is stopping adoption?
- Scalability problems
- Network attacks to destroy bitcoin
- Case Study on Blockchain failures
Introduction to Hyperledger
The Date is tentative. We’ll confirm the date once we reach a minimum threshold number of participants. The venue will also be communicated later.
In case you can’t join this batch and would like to show your interest for future batches, please fill the below form: